We’ve had CBD goods on our shelves for a few months now, and with good reason. Our proprietor (and the rest of the staff….) are huge fans of CBD and its health benefits. Having it come in a delicious form, be it a candy gummy or sparkly kombucha, is just an extra plus.
CBD is well-known for being therapeutically potent, yet non-psychoactive. CBD can potentially alleviate symptoms of depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and inflammation. Here’s a quick run-down on the ways CBD can be health-beneficial.
- Pain Relief: CBD can provide pain relief by interacting with endocannabinoid receptors within your nervous system. This study found that CBD injections in rats provided relief after surgical incisions.
- Cancer Patient Benefits: CBD is being studied for its potential neuroprotective effects and its anti-cancer properties. A study in Germany showed that CBD stimulates neurogenesis, the growth of new brain cells in adults.
- Heart Health: CBD lowers blood pressure, which is beneficial for those with heart conditions. CBD has been shown to alleviate stress and reduce heart damage in diabetic mice.
- Neuroprotective Qualities: Studies have proven that CBD improves the quality of life for people with Parkinson's disease and prevents neurodegeneration associated with Alzheimer's disease.
- Mental Health Benefits: CBD has shown possible benefits for people with depression and anxiety. One study showed that socially anxious people that had received CBD before a public speaking test felt significantly more relaxed than the placebo group. CBD oil has been used in some cases to treat insomnia and PTSD in children.
So the next time you're feeling a bit stressed or under the weather, it might not be a bad idea to pick up some CBD kombucha or gummies at the Larder! We've got you!